- Scotch College Graduate – 1988
- Played College tennis at University of Tennessee on Full Scholarship – 1989
- Physical Education Degree (VUT) – 1994
- Graduate Diploma in Education (VUT) – 1995
- High Performance Coach : one of only about 100 Nationally – 2007
- Tennis Australia ‘Hot Shots’ Ambassador : one of 25 Nationally – 2009/10
- Tennis Australia “Hot Shots Mentor”: 2011-2015
- USPTA (P1 – Highest level of Certification)
- Director of successful local coaching business for over 25 years
- Married to Nicole (Master Club Professional ) & have 4 keen tennis playing children – Sam(19), Amy(17), Ben(15) & Meg (9)
As a player, I represented Victoria many times and was ranked as high as No. 5 in Australia. I played the Victorian, NSW and Australian Open Junior events before spending a year in Tennessee – USA, on a tennis Scholarship and then playing the Satellite circuit.
I have been coaching tennis for almost 35 years and I am passionate about professional development. I am equally passionate about educating others, and have teaching experience at all levels – kindergarten, primary school, secondary school and University. I have encouraged and mentored many coaches from community courses right through to an Elite level.
Quality Coaching is the corner stone of my business. I look to take World’s Best Practice drills, skills, activities and techniques, and to modify and better these for my students and my environment. As a result, my program constantly evolves and provides a unique learning environment.
I believe tennis participation at all levels needs to be encouraged through engaging, structured, quality programs and I have delivered almost all of the many different junior & adult participation programs Tennis Australia have endorsed over the years.
I have sound knowledge of all aspects of development (technical, tactical, physical and psychological) and on-court decision making strategies as shown through my development of some sound players over the years.
I currently have many students who are actively involved with the Tennis Victoria tournament program, from JDS, to junior points tournaments to AMT’s. I consistently have players involved with Talent Days and Super 10’s programs and squads. One of our students Cooper White is in the National Academy and has represented Australia in Junior Davis Cup the last 2 years.